MAGELLAN® System Features and Benefits
One source, tamper-proof packaging contains everything required to perform component separation as well as patient phlebotomy.
Each procedure requires the use of one Arteriocyte Medical Systems Magellan™ Platelet Separator Disposable Kit, which includes components necessary for a single patient platelet separation procedure. The separation chamber and associated tubing can be used with the same patient for up to three complete separation cycles.
The Arteriocyte Medical Systems Magellan™ Platelet Separator Disposable Kit includes the components listed below. If more than one separation cycle will be performed with the same patient, additional 10-ml and 60-ml B-D™* syringes can be purchased from Arteriocyte Medical Systems.
- ACD-A anticoagulant
- 60-ml syringe
- 1-ml syringe
- 5- ml syringe
- IV Site Prep Kit
- Separation chamber with attached tubing
- 18-gauge x 3.8 cm (1.5”) needle
- 17-gauge needle and IV tubing
A Magellan™ Dispenser Tip is required for the use of this dispenser kit. Dispenser kits are available from Arteriocyte Medical Systems and include the following components:
- Procedure tray
- Two 30-ml sample cups
- 12-ml Syringe
- 1-ml Syringe
- Dispenser handle
- Dual syringe plunger clip
Note: Technical data, features and options referenced here are based on the latest information available at the time of printing. Arteriocyte Medical Systems reserves the right to change specifications without notice.
- Classification: Class 1, Type B Equipment, Ordinary Continuous Operation
- Voltage: 100 – 240 V-
- Frequency: 50- 60 HZ
- Phase: Single
- Current: 1.3 amps
- Fuses: 5 x 20 mm / 6.3 amps
- Power cord: 2 wires plus ground (earth) connector 3- prong hospital grade
Speed and Flow Rate Specifications
- Centrifuge: 0 – 4,000 rpm (± 5 %)
- Syringe Pump: 0 – 60 ml/min (± 5 %)
- Separation Chamber Maximum Fluid Volume: 60 ml
- Separation Chamber Maximum Fluid Density: 1.1 kg/dm3
- Width: 18 inches (47 cm)
- Height: 13 inches (32 cm)
- Depth: 17 inches (44 cm)
- Weight: 24 lb. (11 kg)
- Operational: 10°C - 30°C (50°F - 86°F)
- Storage: -40°C - 66°C (-40°F - 150°F)
- Operational: 10 – 95% non-condensing
- Storage: 10 - 95% non-condensing
- This port is to be used only by authorized service personnel.